November 14, 2010

The Original Social Networking-Pixie Chicago Review

One of my million dream business ventures is starting a stationary store. I LOVE personalized note pads and stationary, there's just something about the chicness of sending a note with a little some extra of yourself is so FAB to me! As a child, I kept in contact with my grandfather back in Jamaica through letters and I remember one birthday he sent me a Crane package with  note cards that had a gold C embossed on the front and envelopes with the prettiest gold lining to send to him and he had a silver matching set (he was a C too! Miss you Grandad). I felt so classy sending him a new letter every two weeks on my set. ::SWOON::

Well, imagine my excitement when a new papiere Pixie Chicago asked me to review their line. Right away, Cassandra knew as a NYC mom what would jump out to me and she was so right.

VIA
The simple chicness of the skyline with your personalized heading is FAB, and honestly what New Yorker doesn't think we have THE greatest skyline in the world! I was quite impressed with the quality of the paper of the samples she sent over, nothing flimsy or cheap feeling. After touring the site one other item I fell in LOVE with and plan on ordering for my niece soon is her children's line. ADORABLE!!!
VIA
All in all I enjoyed my samples and recently sent some notes out to some friends to let them know about the blog and they loved the playfulness of the notecards and the colours are divine. I don't care if you have an Iphone or Blackberry, a Mac or a PC NOTHING beats a handwritten note. While they are a bit more playful than the standard Crane pieces they stand out with their playfulness and great colour choices. To this day, after an interview or meeting or gifting I send a thank you note on my stationary and will def get chunks into the tradition. 

Right now Pixie Chicago is doing a special on their holiday line, offering 20% off some festive goodies that would make perfect hostess gifts and gifts for kids during the holiday. Check them out at their Etsy site as well!

Would I use this? YES
What/Who would I use this for? Sending notes to friends and family, and Thank You cards, Bloggers
Borough Rating: 4 Boroughs